Greece and Rome: Classical Civilizations
GVC 3: Students will Analyze the contributions and development of classical civilizations and their impact on the world, using the examples of the Greeks and Romans.
- Explore the philosophic foundations of the Greeks
- Compare and contrast the Greeks Athenian city state to the Spartan
- Examine the role of Macedonian conquests under Alexander (Hellenism)
- Examine belief systems that resulted, and impact on the world (Roman rise of Christianity)
- Explore the Development of the Roman Empire. (Republicanism, Law, Civic Duty)
What makes a Civilization, Classic?
Unit 3 Classical Civilizations Packet pdf
- What makes a Civilization Classical? ppt Story of Romulus and Remus vid vid2
- Greek or Roman model project ppt (see example)
- Contributions and Achievements of Greek Civilization ppt vid Greek Olympics vid
- Athens v Sparta ppt Growing up Spartan vid
- Alexander The Great ppt vid KAHOOT Phillip of Macedon
H.O.W. vid watch :55 – 1:06
What Lessons can we learn from the example set by the Roman Republic?
- Geography of Rome ppt Romulus and Remus vid Etruscans vid
- Rome- From Republic to Empire ppt vid Start video 1:43 Julius Becomes Emperor for life
- Roman Achievements ppt
- The Fall of Rome ppt
- Rise of Christianity ppt vid Crash Course