- Primary and Secondary Deviance
- is this a one time thing? or are you making a career out of it?
- Why people act deviant
- Labeling Theory “Once a cheat, always a cheat”
- Strain Theory “I have no other choice’
- Differential Association Theory “You are what you eat”
Deviance and Social Control
- Crime and the Legal System ppt
- Unit 4 Readings for Deviance and Social Control pdf
- Crime special topic: Rape – Supplemental ppt Reading pdf
- The Dropout (video) “Write a reaction paper” vid
- In the paper please identify 5 examples of universal deviance
Deviance Project: Find an area or place where there is an expectation or a specific norm. Submit your project to SCHOOLOGY (DOC, WORD, PRESENTATION or SCREEN SHOT are all fine)
- Write down the norm or expectation for that place and provide a picture of the place or setting.
- Record the DEVIANT things to observe. Remember that deviance is not always a negative!